Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Awesome Bricks Vol. 2

It's about time I got back to building!  Let's go back to a time of mix tapes and awesome music.

This is an alternate build of the Creator Highway Speedster (31006).
LEGO Highway Speedster 31006
 I've had this set for a while, but I didn't really know what to do with it.  A recent contest over at Rebrickable.com convinced me to get building.  You can go HERE to give my entry a like.

My primary goal here was to do something interesting with the wheels that was not building a car.  When I saw that the windows would be the perfect size for a cassette tape, I knew I had to try to make it work.

The wheels sit loose in the housing.  They can be turned and wiggle around a little like they do in a cassette tape.



The entire build is thicker and more open than I would like it to be.  This is due to making the wheels fit and working within a limited part pool.
The back has less detail, but I feel like it still turned out ok.  It still feels complete.

This build really worked for me.  The way the wheels are used is fun and I think the build is very recognizable (for those of us that remember cassette tapes).

Build instructions can be found HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment