Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Forced Frontier


I guess I should start things off with the concept that brought me down this path.  It began when I saw a friend wearing this shirt:
http://hoboninja.com/store/item.php?id=23615
Something clicked in my head and said, "Challenge accepted!"

I had recently purchased the LEGO Millennium Falcon (7965):
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Millennium-Falcon-7965
I have always been a big Star Wars fan and this looked like a cool set, so I picked it up for my birthday.  It was a lot of fun to build and looked great on my desk at work.  I'd strongly recommend it for any Star Wars fan.

But its time as a stock kit had come to an end.  It was time for a change.  I felt that I needed to take this set (and only this set) and use it to build a recognizable Starship Enterprise.

I thought that if I could get the round bridge part of the ship to work, I could figure out something for the rest of the ship.  Maybe the round, angled parts of the Falcon could be tightened up a bit to give me a round shape for the bridge.  How do I hold that thing in place?  Am I going to have enough bricks to build that main ship body?  What can I use to make those big twin engines on the back?

We'll see what I come up with in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment