Sunday, October 19, 2014

Thar Be Goblins

My latest build be a ship full of pirate goblins:

This is an alternate build of The Goblin King Battle (79010).

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Goblin-King-Battle-79010

I picked up this set on clearance a while ago and it is not my favorite.  The rope bridge is pretty cool and the Goblin King's throne is pretty nice, but the other separate island things are just weird.

I played with this set for a while trying to make something out of it.  I was thinking that there are a lot of tooth-like pieces, so maybe I can build a monster of some sort.  There's just a lot of strange pieces.  What am I going to do with these chains...and this anchor...and this wheel...and this WAIT-A-MINUTE-ITS-A-PIRATE-SHIP!

Things came together pretty quick after I decided it was going to be a pirate ship.  I gave the Goblin King an eyepatch to make him a proper captain.


I'm still not sure why this set has an anchor.

If all else fails, you can walk the plank!

The sails ended up being much better folded up.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate this pretty OK.  Overall the build is pretty solid even if the extremities tend to pop off.  I think the idea of the Goblin King captaining a ship is pretty fun.

Build instructions can be found HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment