Tuesday, December 8, 2015

UN Fountain

Let's play with some water.  My latest build is an ever-flowing faucet in the sky pouring into a small pool of water.

 

This build comes from another LEGO Architecture set, United Nations Headquarters (21018).
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/United-Nations-Headquarters-21018

The original model looks pretty sharp with more sideways building than you would ordinarily see in a LEGO set.

This set comes with so many beautiful light transparent blue pieces that I had to make some sort of water build.  It turns out that supporting LEGO bricks vertically is not a very stable idea.

I thought the base turned out nice.  The only visible studs are in the water which is kind of neat.  The water isn't as grand as I would have liked it to be and the faucet is pretty meh.  I do like that you can see the white pieces under the clear blue pieces pretty well.  It seems like there is come cool potential there.

As usual, build instructions can be found HERE.  I must warn you that attempting to read instructions with so many clear pieces may be hazardous to your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment