Sunday, January 5, 2014

Heading Down Under

For my next build, I'm going to try something from the LEGO Architecture series.  This one is the Sydney Opera House (21012).

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Sydney-Opera-House-21012
I really like this set.  The building is so unique that it makes a very interesting model.  I've had this model sitting on my desk at work for a while.  It looks great, but it's time for a change.

Now the LEGO Architecture models are a bit different than many of the other LEGO sets.  They tend to be a bit more expensive.  There are no mini-figures.  They don't have any play-action features.  They look more polished and are intended to be display pieces.  It is a different style than the other LEGO playsets.  I think they are neat, but they are not for everyone.

This should be an interesting build.  Being an Architecture model, it doesn't have many standard LEGO bricks.  There are a lot of smooth tiles and I will need to find something to do with those large white slope pieces.  There are a lot of hinge pieces which may help.  Maybe I could make a hand using the white slopes as parts of a finger.  There might be a cool spaceship there.  It would be nice if I could keep that display base in tact.

We'll see what I can come up with in the next post.

Speaking of Australia, there is a cool website based down under called REBRICKABLE.  It has a large database of LEGO sets (official and custom builds) that you can cross-reference with sets you own to find new things to build.  I'll be putting instructions for my sets there as I build them.  Check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment